San Diego, California
QC Specialist – Microbiology
Seeking QC Specialist with a go-getter attitude who can bring a strong Quality Assurance and microbiological testing knowledge to the table, and in return they’re offering opportunities to grow in an exciting, fast-paced start up environment. This position ensures quality control and quality assurance goals are obtained for a company focusing on oncology efforts. Ample opportunity for growth and skill development.
What You'll Do:
- Manage and direct all outsourced QC contract laboratories.
- Support and oversee all QC analytical method development and qualification at contract laboratories.
- Review, monitor, and assess QC data for GMP manufacturing batches, process characterization batches, and stability programs.
- Consult on the construction and qualification of the proposed QC microbiology laboratory and EMPQ of facility expansion.
- Establish and maintain an environmental monitoring program (viable, non-viable) of internal manufacturing suites, including hands-on data collection (when needed), and predictive data trending.
- Conduct QC microbiology testing as required for GMP production.
- Responsible for handling deviations, non-conformances, OOS events, investigations, change control, audits (internal and external), and Quality Agreements.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Microbiology, Biochemistry, or related field.
- 3 – 7 years of experience within pharmaceutical industry.
- Quality Control (QC) experience supporting a Quality Management System in a GMP environment.
- Hands-on experience with environmental monitoring (air particle counting & sterility testing).
Why Work Here:
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole.
- Stable and established work environment: perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company.
- People / Atmosphere: Work with a welcoming and collaborative team with a drive for success.
What does this position pay?
- Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
- The expected range for this role is $95k – 130K annual salary
- Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume to email@example.com if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the life sciences industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!