Research Lab Associate
San Diego , CA
If culture and mentorship are your priorities – you’ve found your match. This pioneer company in Biotech is looking to support and promote a talented Research Associate who will assist in advancing the promise of genomics using optical genome mapping. The ideal professional will have a strong background in Molecular Biology and an eagerness to join and contribute to a tight knit, mutually supportive community of skilled experts.
What you will do:
- Isolate and fluorescently label megabase-scale DNA for loading
- Cell/Tissue Culture
- DNA Isolation and modification
- Communicate progress with team members and external clients
Who you are:
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering, or related field
- Experience with DNA handling and manipulation
- Experienced with laboratory techniques and able to conceptualize experiments on a molecular scale
- Working knowledge of the electrophoresis principle in micro-or nano-fluidic devices –desirable
- Able to follow verbal and written instructions
Why work here:
- Grow your career: you’ll have the room + support to transition into Sr Research Associate and Associate Scientist as well as gaining valuable and transferable experience with genetics and molecular biology.
- Mentorship culture where you can learn new skills, maximize your growth and leverage the knowledge of superiors.
- Small team environment encourages interdivisional collaboration. You’ll always have your voice heard and can wear many hats!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!