Revenue Accounting Manager
Santa Monica, California
The Manager, Revenue Accounting is responsible for overseeing the month-end revenue recognition close in accordance with US GAAP and ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX. This person will also assist in developing and maintaining accounting processes as needed, while handling all liaison with external auditors.
What You’ll Do:
- Review GL account reconciliations and deferred revenue roll-forward
- Assist the external audit team during quarterly reviews and annual audit to ensure all deadlines are met
- Oversee various revenue streams, including digital, licensing and retail revenues, for both GAAP and internal management reporting measures
- Prepare and review revenue system setups and processing, presentation materials for internal management reporting, routine and non-routine journal entries, allocations, and adjustments to ensure proper recognition of revenue in support of the period end close activities
- Review licensing agreements and digital distribution, while assessing proper revenue recognition treatment in accordance with US GAAP and company policy
- Assist IT quarterly release cycle with testing of upgrades and/or enhancements
- Work alongside different departments and teams regarding requests/inquiries on proposed or current revenue transactions
- Direct involvement with Revenue Management software tool, including user acceptance testing, hands on involvement with internal IT and external vendor, and training for revenue team members
- Assist with other special projects as needed
Who You Are:
- Degree in Accounting, or relevant field
- 6+ years of accounting experience in revenue recognition, public accounting experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge using Excel, as well as experience with Oracle or similar ERP
- Ability to work proactively and efficiently in a fast-paced, high growth environment
- Willingness to learn while meeting tight deadlines
- Added Bonus: Experience with Revenue Management software, OBIEE Answers and Hyperion
If you meet the qualifications above, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!