San Diego, California
In the role as RF Engineer you will actively participate in development of Radio Frequency hardware and new wireless systems for consumer electronics. You will work with our clients on the latest technologies and systems with the aim of pushing the boundaries and create state of the art products. The role requires expert technical communication with cross- functional teams across design, electrical and firmware engineers. You will be responsible for RF system design, work with partnerships and supply chain to drive new technologies from proof of concept through integration into products for mass production. Excellent technical understanding of consumer electronics and wireless technology is required and based on the very tight collaboration with other disciplines and stakeholders’ strong social skills are essential.
- RF system implementation throughout a product design cycle.
Part selection, prototyping, factory bring up and lab bench debug and root cause.
Partner with other functions as hardware and supply chain teams to create component
and module requirements.
Collaborate in a team environment across hardware and software engineering disciplines
Work with antenna and test engineers to ensure the quality of the overall system
Perform multi-radio coexistence mitigation (including RF link budget planning and issue
Design and optimize matching networks for RF and Antenna performance.
Performance optimization of system level power consumption
Optimize RF conducted and OTA performance by simulation and lab validation.
Characterize and debug desense issues to meet requirements.
Support EMI/EMC trouble shooting and validation
Communicate trade-offs, program concerns and technical direction.
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- 5+ years’ experience in RF design for consumer electronics.
- Experience with Wi-Fi, BT, GPS and Cellular RF implementation.
- Experience with RF front-end and SoC Schematic, Layout Capture and Board Bring Up.
- Hands-on RF test experience for device characterization and performance validation.
- Knowledge of RF/wireless system architecture and Wi-Fi/BT/Cellular protocol
- Understanding of Digital Communication/Signal Processing.
- Experience with RF circuit and EM simulation software
- Radio system global regulatory compliance experience
- Self-motivated and flexible to switch context.
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills