Scientist I/II – NGS
San Diego, California
If culture and mentorship are your priorities – you’ve found your match. This pioneer company in Biotech is looking to support and promote a talented Scientist who will lead a multidisciplinary team focused on the end-to-end development of the core biochemistry backing their disruptive NGS platform. The ideal professional will have a strong background in NGS and Biochemistry and an eagerness to join and contribute to a tight knit, mutually supportive community of skilled experts.
What you’ll do:
- Design and run enzyme-based assays and optimize biochemical reactions.
- Develop reagents and protocols for high quality DNA sequencing using novel technologies
- Explore novel variations in next generation sequencing chemistry
Who you are:
- Minimum Ph.D. in Biochemistry, Chemistry, or related subject with typically 3+ years of industry experience 0 -4 years’ experience in an industrial or academic setting.
- Hands-on experience with design and execution of modern biochemical assays, especially as it relates to DNA amplification/modification
- Experience managing a small team and leading projects is a plus
Why work here:
- Grow your career: you will have the room + support to transition into Sr Research Associate and Associate Scientist as well as gaining valuable and transferable experience with genetics and molecular biology.
- Mentorship culture where you can learn new skills, maximize your growth, and leverage the knowledge of superiors.
- Collaborative environment: this is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest scientists in the pharmaceutical industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!