San Diego, California
Senior Scientist – In-vivo
One of San Diego’s leading biotech companies is looking for an In-vivo Scientist to add to their dynamic team. This role offers the opportunity to be the technical lead for in-vivo pharmacology studies.
What you will do:
- Serve as a scientific and technical lead for the development of preclinical translational models, guiding and executing the establishment of a variety of tumor models to demonstrate efficacy and characterize the mechanism of action of lead targets and compounds across projects and programs
- Perform ex vivo analysis of tumor tissue, blood, etc. to guide our understanding of mechanism of action and decisions forward for various projects and programs
- Work collaboratively with other members of the Translational Research team to guide studies for evaluating efficacy and characterizing immune-based mechanism of action of lead molecules
- Identify gaps in knowledge or expertise in In Vivo Pharmacology, resolve scientific or technical challenges with sophisticated approaches including, as needed, the development and implementation of new assays or new models to test hypotheses and answer complex scientific problems
- Demonstrate innovation in research/planning and be able to make intellectual property submissions.
- Contribute to the writing of publications and regulatory documents to support regulatory filings of non-clinical experimental data
- Attend conferences and seminars, and probe the literature to stay up to date with current opportunities.
Who you are:
- Ph.D. with minimum 6+ years of relevant postdoc and/or pharmaceutical experience, or M.S. with minimum 12+ years pharmaceutical industry experience directing and executing in-vivo pharmacology studies in the area of oncology or immunology.
- Demonstrated experience leading projects and programs, especially ones related to immuno-oncology or immunology, in a pharmaceutical setting with successful translation into the clinic.
- Experience with a variety of in vivo translational model systems to demonstrate mechanisms of action (immunocompetent, immunocompromised, humanized, GEMM, PDX, etc.)
- Superior technical expertise with standard in vivo techniques, including dosing and sampling routes (e.g., po, ip, sc, iv dosing; submandibular, retro-orbital, cardiac bleeds; necropsy and organ/tumor harvest) and tumor measurements is required.
Why work here:
- Stock and equity options: this company wants you to feel a sense of ownership – join their team and you’ll get a little chunk of the business!
- Collaborative environment: this is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
Please email your resume to email@example.com if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest professionals in the Biotech industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!