We have an excellent opportunity for a Scrum Master with a passion for multi-disciplinary teamwork. We are looking for someone who is results-oriented and highly comfortable facilitating teams to meet commitments and successfully deliver high quality products and new features. You enjoy being of service to your team and to the larger organization, and your leadership is grounded in trust, transparency, and kindness.
The Scrum Master is part of the Technology Program Management (TPM) team and reports to the Senior Manager/Manager, Technology Program Management in Product Development (PD). The TPM group leads the projects within an Experience area (Efficiency, Mobile/Web/Desktop, Listener, QE/ QoS, SRE, Ads/MarTech, Catalog, Data Science, etc.) while also managing one or more medium to highly complexity software development projects, with external and executive level stakeholders; projects can include both software and infrastructure, managing multiple internal and external application integrations as well as client and 3rd party integrations.
From the systems that ingest content delivered by our label partners and business partners all the way through to providing rich metadata and analysis to power our world-class recommendations, this person plays a key role in ensuring a seamless end-to-end flow of data through a multitude of systems and tools. This person is responsible for organizing, driving, and accounting for insights into the technology we develop while building cross-functional relationships through stellar communication and collaboration.
Requirements and General Skills (Duties and Responsibilities):
- This person will be responsible for leading multiple simultaneous digital development scrums in a highly cross-functional environment that includes internal stakeholders such as Product Management, UX, Engineering, QE, SRE, Data Science, DevOps and IT and external partners across streaming web, mobile and desktop platforms and ensuring development and deployments occur on time.
- The candidate should be an expert with Agile Scrum, SAFe, release planning, Jira, Slack Confluence, Excel, and slide + report preparation in addition to running Sprint Planning meetings. You should be a passionate teacher with outstanding influencing, coaching and facilitation skills.
- You should have an eagerness to learn new technologies and bring new ideas to the table.
- The Scrum Master will lead stand-ups with team members performing large-scale designs and deployments in a continuous effort to deliver a world-class streaming experience.
- This is a fast-paced, intellectually challenging position, with a need to be able to utilize critical thinking and apply problem solving skills to manage through ambiguity in order to solve complex problems.
- Using data, key metrics, and success criteria, you will also drive and measure continuous sprint processes and program improvements that enhance our operational effectiveness.
- A strong background in technology, people management and technology program leadership are essential for your success in this position. Experience working with technology programs in Mobile, Web, Desktop, QE/QoS, and IT is required. Background experience supporting Data Science, SRE, DevOps teams and environments is highly desirable. If you’ve worked with Ad Technology, Marketing Technology or client-side experience then that’s a plus!
- You must be able to influence and command the intellectual respect of engineering, product management, and executive leadership. You have proven success running extremely effective cross-functional programs with compressed timelines while dealing with ambiguity.
- You will help evangelize best practices to ensure organization wide adoption and continuously champion improvements.
- Deliver clear and concise information such as status reports, project plans, emails and program updates.
- Proactively lead teams with identifying and removing barriers and roadblocks. Seeks ways to improve and/or create new processes, from small tweaks to complete re-engineering.
- Makes regular efforts to adjust approaches to ensure needs are always met.
- Influence and leadership skills with proven ability to drive results, mediate, and foster an environment that promotes teamwork
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile and traditional frameworks.
- Identify, monitor, and address roadblocks throughout the development lifecycle; awareness of when to remove impediments
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of scrum principles and overall heightened agile skills.
- Deep knowledge of Agile values and principles (it’s not just about facilitating
- Understanding of how and when to break down user stories into smaller stories.
- Ability to act as a true owner over best practices and bring deeper insight into process creation and feedback.
- 2+ years of Technical Program Management experience in a related industry.
- Entrepreneurial or program management consulting experience.
- Certifications such as CSM (Certified Scrum Master), CSPO (Certified Scrum Product Owner), ACP (Agile Certified Practitioner), PMP, PgMP, CSM, PSM.
- Demonstrates ability to facilitate product in an agile environment successfully
- Experience working with ad-based, digital streaming technologies and providing oversight for medium-to-large product launches
- Inherent ability to create synergy across multiple teams such as TPM, Engineering, Product, Design and Analytics.
- Inherent ability to create synergy across multiple teams such as TPM, Engineering, Product, Design and Analytics
- Working knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms), Google Drive, Smartsheet, and Atlassian tools such as Jira, Structure, Confluence and collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom.