Senior Accountant – Notable public company w/ Work Life balance
Calabasas , California
Senior Accountant – Hybrid working environment
3 days in office, 2 remote
We're working with a growing, yet already well established publicly traded financial services company (not banking) who is looking for a bright Senior Accountant. There's constant automation projects and innovative AI solutions being implemented here, so we're looking for someone who can bring a progressive mind set to the team!
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Business, Finance, or related field
- 2+ years of public accounting experience, preferably coming from Big 4
- CPA license preferred but not required
- Strong understanding of SOX, U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and accounting matters
- Effective, clear, and concise written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite products; SAP experience highly preferred
What You’ll Do:
- Assist with the interim and year-end audit as well as driving the month-end close process including journal entries, general ledger account reconciliations, and revenue analyses
- Oversee and evaluate GL account fluctuations, prepare annual budgets and internal and external financial statements
- Implement internal controls in accordance with SOX and document management controls, policies, and procedures related to revenue department
- Assist in purchase accounting procedures under ASC 805 alongside the preparation of opening balance sheet and valuation procedures of acquired companies
- Work closely with external valuation specialists and other advisors as needed
- Maintaining, updating, improving internal controls and documentations
- Provide support to additional ad-hoc projects
Why Work Here:
- Healthy Work Lifestyle: Stable and large company with well-staffed teams to manage and share the workload – no need to feel overworked!
- Mentorship Matters: An opportunity where you can learn new skills, maximize your growth and leverage the knowledge of superiors.
- High-Growth Environment: This company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them. Hone your current skills while continuing to learn from some of the best in the industry!
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!