Senior Cost Accountant
Senior Cost Accountant — San Diego
Are you looking to have your voice heard and to help impact profitability of an already profitable company? If so, apply today to learn more about a leading CPG company in North County and help grow their cost accounting department. Independent self-starters will have the resources and support to quickly innovate, develop new solutions, and challenge the status quo. Your extensive leadership and analytical experience will allow you to thrive in this fast-paced role. Join and help shape an already talented team!
What you will need:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance, or related degree. CPA preferred.
- 5+ years of operational accounting experience with 3+ years coming from cost accounting.
- Thorough understanding of product and inventory cost analysis as well as cost accounting.
- Excellent organization skills and ability to see both the forest and the trees.
- Committed individual with high integrity and ability to work well on a team.
What you’ll do:
- Ability to wear many hats and assist with operational accounting, inventory, and financial reporting.
- Assist in the monthly close and the preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reports including the related analysis.
- Assess and ensure the integrity of accounting entries, accruals, and reconciliations in accordance with GAAP.
- Support internal controls process such as SOX 404 audit procedures.
Why work here?
- Supportive leadership: you’ll be directly reporting to a competent, devoted and kind manager with a reputation for building successful leaders.
- Strong focus on personal and professional growth: this company believes in supporting you in all aspects of your life, and they offer specific programs to help you integrate these various elements.
- Compensation: we are willing to pay for performance and reward excellence
If you feel this would be worth exploring or just curious to know more, please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll share more details to see if this would be a match!
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.