Senior Manager of Accounting
San Diego, California
Senior Manager of Accounting – Technical Accounting
This is your chance to join a high-profile San Diego based company as a leader in the technical accounting group. Manage and mentor a team of highly experienced former public accountants in this project based technical role. Apply today!
What You’ll Do:
- Lead technical accounting areas such as lease accounting, fixed asset accounting, and more.
- Manage ASC 606 revenue recognition treatment as well as other complex guidelines tied to US GAAP.
- Contribute to month end closing and analysis for monthly/quarterly financial reporting.
- Oversee external auditing and help advise SOX compliance efforts.
- Work with various department leaders throughout the organization to comply with appropriate standards.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or related field with CPA License.
- 8+ years of accounting experience in technology with 3+ years coming from Big4 or other large national accounting firm.
- Thorough understanding of ASC 606, ASC 842, and other technical guidance and accounting applications.
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills to partner with various leaders in the organization and oversee a team.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
Why Work Here?
- Work hard play hard mentality.
- Mission driven environment: this company is in the biotechnology industry and is positively impacting lives and contributing to the greater good.
- Supportive leadership: you’ll be directly reporting to a competent, devoted and kind manager with a reputation for building successful leaders.
- Growth opportunity: the company provides opportunities for internal rotations and likes to promote from within.
If you feel this would be worth exploring or just curious to know more, please forward your resume to email@example.com and we'll share more details to see if this would be a match!
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.