Senior Manager of SEC Reporting
San Diego, Virginia
Senior Manager of Accounting – SEC and Technical Accounting – San Diego
This is your chance to join a high profile San Diego based company as the leader of SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting. Manage and mentor a team of highly-experienced former public accountants in this project based technical role.
What You’ll Do:
- Manage SEC Reporting including filing the 10-K, 10-Q and all associated disclosures
- Provide technical accounting research and guidance related to complex guidelines tied to US GAAP.
- Support the company's M&A activities including post-acquisition integration.
- Work with various department leaders throughout the organization to comply with appropriate standards.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or related field with CPA License.
- 8+ years of accounting experience including at least 3+ years coming from Big4 Audit or National Accounting Firms
- Public company experience required including either preparing or auditing the 10-K and 10-Q
- Thorough understanding of technical accounting applications and the ability to research, problem solve and write technical memos
- Strong interpersonal and team management skills to partner with various leaders in the organization and oversee a team of staff.
Why Work Here?
- Work hard play hard mentality.
- Mission driven environment: this company is in the biotechnology industry and is positively impacting lives and contributing to the greater good.
- Supportive leadership: you’ll be directly reporting to a competent, devoted and kind manager with a reputation for building successful leaders.
- Growth opportunity: the company provides opportunities for internal rotations and likes to promote from within.
If you have a CPA and strong SEC/Technical Accounting experience at either a public company or public accounting firm and would like to learn more, please forward your resume to email@example.com and we'll share more details to see if this would be a match!
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.