Senior Manager of Technical Accounting
Los Angeles, California
Sr. Manager of Technical Accounting – Notable Real Estate Firm
This well known company in the real estate industry is looking to support and promote an experienced manager who will be responsible for contributing the company’s accounting policies. The ideal professional will have a strong background in technical accounting with an eagerness to learn, grow, and lead.
Sound like you? Don’t miss out on a chance to join a talented group of industry leaders – apply below!
*This is not a fully remote role – will be applying a hybrid schedule*
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 8+ years of public accounting experience and industry experience with global companies
- Strong technical accounting and M&A experience
- Ability to calculate complex figures and forecast and prepare budgets
- Understand, research, and analyze financial information, transactions, and accounting principles
- Strong understanding of SOX, U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and accounting matters
- Knowledge of real estate service industry and terminology is an added bonus
- Ability to work efficiently, both independently and across different teams and departments, while providing effective solutions for complex accounting/transaction issues
- Highly advanced analytical and quantitative skills
- Experience with the following systems: Oracle, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Equity Methods, Active Disclosure
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Suite
- CPA is required
What You’ll Do:
- Work alongside the Global Finance team to perform complex accounting analyses
- Conduct in-depth research on technical accounting matters and execute detailed presentations and memorandums to communicate these matters; some areas include:
- Revenue Recognition
- Impairment Analyses
- Fair Value Accounting
- Lease Accounting
- Stock-based Compensation
- Investment Accounting
- Implement new ASUs and/or SEC requirements
- Review contracts and expand on accounting consequences of potential transactions, as well as the development of process and system changes
- Assist with all improvements on system efficiencies and business practices
- Confirm compliance with internal control policies
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Manage recommendations for staff recruitment, promotions, corrective action, termination, overtime, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for professional development growth
Why Work Here:
- Stable & Established Firm: Great opportunity for someone looking to lay down roots with a notable company – looking for people who can grow with them!
- Collaborative Culture: Fostering a fun, open culture factors into every decision and business evaluation – wake up ready and excited to go into work!
- Close-Knit Team: Productivity-driven team that is looking to maximize your growth
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!