Senior Manager, Technical Accounting – Fortune 500
Los Angeles, California
Global leader in real estate industry
This is not a fully remote role – will be applying hybrid remote/in-person model.
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration
- 7-12+ years of technical accounting experience; Big 4/Top 10 assurance or technical accounting advisory required; Industry experience preferred
- CPA required
- Strong understanding of SOX, U.S. GAAP, financial reporting, and accounting matters
- M&A accounting experience is a plus
- Experience w/ Oracle, PeopleSoft, Hyperion, Equity Methods, Active Disclosure is a plus
What You’ll Do:
- Conduct in-depth research on technical accounting matters and execute detailed presentations and memorandums to communicate these matters; some areas include:
- Revenue Recognition
- Impairment Analyses
- Fair Value Accounting
- Lease Accounting
- Stock-based Compensation
- Investment Accounting
- Implement new ASUs and/or SEC requirements
- Review contracts and expand on accounting consequences of potential transactions, as well as the development of process and system changes
- Assist with all improvements on system efficiencies and business practices
- Confirm compliance with internal control policies
- Collaborate with external auditors to ensure successful audit results and compliance.
- Manage recommendations for staff recruitment, promotions, corrective action, termination, overtime, etc.
- Provide mentorship and coaching for professional development growth
Why Work Here:
- Industry leader: Fortune 500 and #1 in their industry!
- Dynamic and evolving work: Never get bored! Always new transactions and company growth to keep you on your toes
- Close-Knit Team: Strong VP leadership that fosters a collaborative and enjoyable team dynamic
If you meet the above requirements, please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org for confidential consideration.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!