Senior Property Accountant
Senior Property Accountant:
Looking to hone your property accounting skills? One of Dallas' leading commercial real estate companies is looking for a competent, reliable Property Accountant to help build out their property accounting team. This role offers the opportunity to build upon the foundation you’ve already laid in your career as well as add your expertise to help shape this new department. We're looking for someone with 4+ years of commercial real estate experience. Don’t miss this rare opportunity to learn from top professionals, grow into a management role, and excel in a challenging and supportive environment.
What you’ll do:
- Coordinate with Property Managers to provide efficient and cost-effective financial performance across multiple properties
- Maintain accurate records of property acquisitions, dispositions, and closings
- Performs analysis of balance sheet and P & L accounts and record appropriate adjusting journal entries as needed
- Responsible for monthly reconciliation of all property operation accounts including CAM recs
- Responsible for preparing financial statements according to legal and company accounting and financial guidelines
- Assist with reviewing of expenses, as assigned.
- Act as a liaison for vendors to reconcile any billing discrepancies
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting
- Yardi experience is preferable
- 4+ years of experience with commercial property accounting
- Ability to adapt to an ever changing environment
- Strong attention to detail is critical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Why work here?
- Competitive benefits package: includes full dental, vision and 401k matching.
- Culture is a priority. Fostering a fun, open culture factors into every decision and business move.
- Inspiring management: people work for people – and these are great people to work for. You’ll have the resources and support to grow in this role and learn from your superiors.
- Small team environment encourages interdivisional collaboration. You’ll always have your voice heard and can wear many hats!
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Nick Mathews at firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!