Senior Protein Production Lead
San Diego, California
Title: Protein Purification Associate
Hours 8-5pm Mon-Fri, flexible hours
Salary range: Depends on Experience
What you’ll do:
- Develop/perform protein purification processes and characterize enzyme mutants for our DNA sequencing technology.
- Lead manufacturing activities for continuous supply of enzyme to sustain downstream operation.
- Develop build plans and inventor and planning methods in collaboration with supervisor
- Communicate and collaborate with CMO to ensure the quantity and quality of upstream operation.
- Assist in the development, modification, and implementation of quality control assays and lead activities to use these assays to validate enzyme quality for each lot production.
- Assist in scaling plan and provide professional estimation on all resources required to support the scaling plan.
- Coordinate activities with functional groups and project teams.
- Ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently and the ability to collaborate in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Purify a wide variety of recombinant proteins including antibodies and antibody-based constructs using state-of-the-art techniques in affinity, ion-exchange (IEX), gel-filtration (SEC), reverse-phase chromatograph
Who you are:
- Requires a B.S./M.S./Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Biochemistry, Enzymology or other related discipline.
- Requires a minimum of 8 years for B.S., 4 years for M.S., 2 years for Ph.D. of hands-on experience in kilogram level protein production.
- Previous experience operating, maintaining and programming AKTA Avant or Pilot/Unicorn 7.X system, TFF system, high-pressure homogenizer, and equipment for standard downstream protein manufacturing.
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!