Senior Research Associate – Automation
San Diego, CA
Senior Research Associate
This is an employee-centric, culture-first Biotech company that’s looking for someone who can bring something new and exciting to their team. Every day here is an opportunity to learn a new skill or master a new challenge. Interested? Your strong background in Molecular Biology combined with your industry experience will help you to excel in this close-knit environment. Apply now to join the team.
What you will do:
- Execute production assays with a combination of manual support and lab automation
- Help generate and collect data supporting the reproducibility and quality control on our system
- Assist in developing and implementing tools to increase operational efficiency. This includes reagent and buffer preparations, performing regular instrument and workcell maintenance, managing reagent and consumables inventory and procurement, and supporting assay development and transfer within the organization.
Who you are:
- A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field (Biology, Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Biomedical Engineering, Microbiology)
- 2+ years of wetlab hands-on experience in industry (molecular biology, drug discovery or synthetic biology)
- Experience with basic laboratory techniques such as pipetting, buffer and media preparations, inventory management, PCR, cell work (aseptic technique)
- Experience with DNA isolation from paraffin samples is a plus
Why work here:
- Unlimited PTO: Happy, well-rested employees make for better teammates!
- Top-rated benefits package: includes full dental, vision and 401k matching.
- Emphasis on health: this company offers gym memberships and other health-related incentives
- Strong focus on personal and professional growth: this company believes in supporting you in all aspects of your life, and they offer specific programs to help you integrate these various elements.
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!