Senior Software Engineer, Embedded C++
Connected Vehicle Services are leading a new era of audio entertainment and services by delivering the most compelling subscription and ad-supported audio entertainment experience for listeners — in the car, at home, and anywhere on the go with connected devices. Our vision is to shape the future of audio, where everyone can be effortlessly connected to the voices, stories and music they love wherever they are.
This is the place where a diverse group of emerging talent and legends alike come to share authentic and purposeful songs, stories, sounds and insights through some of the best programming and technology in the world. Our critically-acclaimed, industry-leading audio entertainment encompasses music, sports, comedy, news, talk, live events, and podcasting. No matter their individual role, each of our employees plays a vital part in bringing the vision to life every day.
This is the leading audio entertainment company in North America, and the premier programmer and platform for subscription and digital advertising-supported audio products. The platforms collectively reach approximately 150 million listeners, the largest digital audio audience across paid and free tiers in North America, and deliver music, sports, talk, news, comedy, entertainment and podcasts.
How you’ll make an impact:
The successful candidate will apply their experience in Middleware Software development for embedded systems to expand the software framework used to build automotive and aftermarket products. This individual will be a key member of the team responsible for design, documentation, implementation, and validation of software components used by multiple internal and external customers to launch exciting new satellite radio audio and data services and advanced telematics features. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter who can work both independently and within a team environment.
What you’ll do:
The Software Engineer will be primarily responsible for the development and execution of software for Satellite Radio systems. Typical duties of the Software Engineer will include:
• Assist in the development of advanced architectures and platforms for next generation software to control Satellite audio, data services and advance telematics features.
- Assist in the development of user interface software specifications and software for Radio receiver products.
- Assist in the development of advanced Infotainment and Telematics features for Radio receiver products.
- Collaborate with the receiver manufacturer partners to resolve outstanding user interface software issues during the product development process
- Support the full software development lifecycle from initial feature definition through software release and in-field customer support.
- Participate and support the design and development of software for the next generation software platform to enable Satellite and Streaming Audio, and Data Services and next generation Telematics features.
- Understand the features integrated into our software products from several company brands
- Perform analysis of internal and third-party product requirements and specifications, understanding of software framework architectures and designs to meet internal and external customer needs.
- Participate in reviews sessions for new user interfaces, features and software implementation designs with the software team and other stakeholders.
- Author software application notes, programming manuals, and training materials for distribution and presentation to company partners.
- Author software components, insuring they meet functional and quality requirements.
- Utilize best practices in implementing software deliverables.
- Understand all aspects of the software development lifecycle and apply data analytics to quantify and provide insight to process improvements.
- Perform special projects, lab/field testing, and other duties as necessary.
What you’ll need:
- BS Engineering or SW Engineering or equivalent experience required. MS Engineering is desired.
- 5-7 or more years expertise in software, development for embedded consumer or automotive products.
- Expert in C/C++
- Experience with C#, Java, HTTP, JSON, QT, Flutter, RUST
- Experience with advanced software development environments (IDE, compilers, operating systems, source management tools, CI/CD, and test tools).
- Familiarity with embedded, real-time software with the ability to clearly articulate complex system requirements, and design considerations.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Satellite receivers
- Consumer or Automotive audio and infotainment products (radio head units, navigation systems, MP3 connectivity, CD players, telematics systems, etc.)
- Digital communications
- Client/server communications (e.g. PC/device)
- Protocols BLE, WiFi, CAN, LIN, or Ethernet.
- Familiarity with AUTOSTAR standards and methodology.
- Internet Protocol products and technology
- IPC Mechanisms – Sockets, Message Queues, Shared Memory, etc.
- Communication security threat identification and prevention as applicable to automotive clients using SELinux, QNX or AAOS.
- Comfortable working in matrix environment, coordinating activities of multiple teams in multiple sites not under line management control
- Good public speaking and presentation skills.
- Interpersonal skills and ability to interact and work with staff at all levels.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to pay attention to details and be organized.
- Ability to project professionalism over the phone and in person.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Commitment to “internal client” and customer service principles.
- Willingness to take initiative and to follow through on projects.
- Creative writing ability.
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multi-task, and work under shifting deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Must have legal right to work in the U.S.
What does this position pay?
- Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
- The expected range for this role is $100,000 to $160,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay will vary based on qualifications and experience.