Senior Staff Accountant – With direct mentorship from Controller!
Los Angeles, California
Are you a motivated, detail-oriented early career professional in accounting? Do you want to be able to grow with your company for 5, 10, or maybe even more years and still have more to learn? We're working with a close-knit family office/private equity company in Los Angeles (West Hollywood) who is seeking a Senior Staff Accountant to support their AP, payroll, and other accounting functions. Work directly with their Controller and have the opportunity to keep expanding your role's responsibilities as you gain more experience!
*This team will be going into the office everyday; face-to-face collaboration is important to them!
What you'll do:
- Maintain accounts payable, ensure timely payment of invoices, confirm validity of debt, create AP reports for Controller review and approval
- Gather and input payroll data into payroll system bi-weekly (QuickBooks, ADP)
- Assist in updating financial records, summaries, and cost tracking
- Maintain digital and physical filing and organization of historical data
- Perform bank account reconciliations
- And get more responsibilities added to your role as you master everything above!
Who you are:
- 2+ years of accounting or bookkeeping experience required
- Advanced MS office skills (specifically excel)
- Energetic with a growth-mindset
- Strong attention to detail
- Work experience with QuickBooks and ADP preferred
- Positive, proactive, with the ability to adapt to change quickly
- Degree in Accounting preferred, but not required
Why work here:
- Direct mentorship: Work closely with and learn from an impressive Controller with a progressive CPA/public accounting background
- Competitive compensation: This company believes in paying fairly and competitively so you know you're valued and efforts are rewarded!
- Amazing culture: Be surrounded by down-to-earth co-workers who help each other succeed and see mistakes as learning opportunities.
If you meet the qualifications and are interested in learning more, please send your resume to email@example.com for careful consideration.
We look forward to hearing from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!