Senior Technical Program Manager
We have an excellent opportunity for a Senior Technical Program Manager with a passion for multi-disciplinary teamwork. We are looking for someone who is results-oriented and highly comfortable facilitating teams to meet commitments and successfully deliver high quality products and new features. You enjoy being of service to your team and to the larger organization, and your leadership is grounded in trust, transparency, and kindness.
The Technical Program Manager is part of the Technology Program Management Team (TPM) and reports to the Senior Manager, TPM in Product Development (PD). The TPM group leads the projects within an Experience area (Efficiency, Mobile/Web/Desktop, Listener, QE/ QoS, SRE, Ads/MarTech, Catalog, Data Science, etc.) while also managing one or more medium to highly complexity software development projects, with external and executive level stakeholders; projects can include both software and infrastructure, managing multiple internal and external application integrations as well as client and 3rd party integrations.
- A Bachelor's Degree, or equivalent experience, with at least 5 years of experience managing cross-functional projects, ideally for media or content-rich products or services
- Extensive experience with SDLC, Project Management Methodologies and Frameworks
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to facilitate multiple parties working collaboratively and efficiently
- Ability to manage virtual teams spanning across multiple time zones
- Working experience with JIRA/Confluence and Google Suite of Apps
- Experience creating KPIs, dashboards and metrics
- Experience engaging directly with Senior Leadership and Executives
- Minimum of 10% – 25% travel required (*Pending COVID-19 restrictions)
Requirements and General Skills:
- Ability to distill complex issues into solvable and actionable tasks
- Familiar with apps that manage large data sets and rich metadata
- Innate problem solver with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Knowledge of software engineering best practices
- Experience in managing multiple teams for a program each with varying degrees of maturity on both the Scrum and Traditional program management scale.
- Ability to influence gain the respect of Engineers, Product Managers and Business Partners
- Strong project planning skills with an eye for details
- A passion for delivering results in a complex, multi-faceted environment
- Experience in a high-volume production environment involving many transactions is a must
- Well-versed in Agile and Scrum Principles with experience running multiple scrum teams
- Knowledge of how to facilitate daily stand-ups, Iteration/Sprint planning, mid sprint reviews, Iteration/Sprint demos and retrospective meetings for multiple teams
- Knowledge of music industry, rights, and digital service providers preferred
- Prior experience and a deep passion with for streaming media and music a plus
- Experience working with ad-based, digital streaming technologies and providing oversight for medium-to-large product launches a plus
- Experience with JQL queries a plus
- Certifications a plus: PMP, Agile Scrum Master Certification Preferred (CSM or PSM)
- Excellent time management skills, with the ability to prioritize and multitask, and work cross-functionally under shifting priorities and deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Inherent ability to create synergy across multiple teams
- Thorough understanding of the software development lifecycle; ability to adjust and apply this knowledge in a dynamic environment using agile and traditional frameworks.
- Working knowledge of MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access), MS Project, Google Docs (Docs, Sheets, Slides, Forms), Google Drive, Smartsheet, and Atlassian tools such as Jira, Structure, Confluence and collaboration tools such as Slack and Zoom.