Sequencing Assays Director
San Diego, California
Director, Sequencing Assays
If cutting edge biotech research is your priority – you’ve found your match. This first-of-its-kind manufacturing company is looking to hire a talented and hardworking Director to help create the next generation of sequencing-based QC approaches. The ideal professional will have a proven track record of scientific innovation in NGS technologies and a desire to lead and manage a team of highly technical individuals.
What you will do:
- Craft the vision and lead the successful implementation of novel sequencing-based QC platforms and analytics – NGS, WGS, WES, epigenome, transcriptome, single-cell RNA and DNA sequencing (scRNA, scDNA).
- Manage key programs and projects across multiple teams, identifying non-obvious overlaps and areas of mutual benefit through new technologies or technique development.
- Define and prepare project & experimental plans with clear objectives, managed risks, and aligned timelines across the Platform R&D team and broader R&D organization.
Who you are:
- PhD with 10+ years of sequencing platform development skills
- 5+ years managing a team of scientists and optimizing lab methods and workflows
- 5+ years scaling up library prep for complex sequencing programs or single cell techniques
- Knowledge of viral vector design (AAV, Lentivirus, Gamma retrovirus) and vector manufacturing processes
Why work here:
- Collaborative environment: this is a team-centric, culture-oriented company with a focus on
- leveraging the unique skills of each worker.
- Stock and equity options: this company wants you to feel a sense of ownership – join their
- team and you’ll get a little chunk of the business!
- High-growth environment: this company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them.
Please email your resume to email@example.com if you’d like to work alongside some of the finest professionals in the Biotech industry!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!