Software Engineer – Cloud
San Diego, California
Who You Are:
- Helps us create and build on our large suite of security and content protection products.
- These products are used around the world to protect video content that is delivered via satellite, cable, and the internet.
- Works to deliver value to our customers by collaborating hand-in-hand with Product Management and engineering teammates to design, build and deliver high-performing, scalable products.
- You must be proactive, interactive, creative, and flexible.
- If you want to make an impact, but be part of something bigger than yourself, then you are already the best kind of teammate.
- Must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years software engineering work experience.
- 3+ years object-oriented design and hands-on coding (primarily back-end work).
- 1 year of experience working with Docker containers.
- 1 year of experience with microservice and miniservice architectures.
- Working knowledge of Application monitoring and alerting techniques.
- Relational and NoSQL database experience.
- Proficient in Linux based systems, serverless computing concepts and cloud infrastructure.
- Working knowledge of continuous integration and continuous deployment strategies.
- Knowledge of best practices and IT operations in an always-up, always-available service.
- Understand scalability challenges and performance of server-side code.
- Able to design and develop horizontally scalable, resilient, and highly performant services.
- Able to design secure distributed systems and assure operational processes around security.
- Understand the fitness and purpose of various security techniques.
Experience with any of the following would be a plus:
- git and github
- Java or C++ back-end design and coding
- Web server technologies such as Express, Tomcat, or Apache
- CI/CD technologies such as Codefresh and/or AWS CDK/CloudFormation
- AWS security technologies including IAM, WAF, Security Groups, and VPC
- AWS serverless technologies including Lambda and Fargate
- Security protocols, cryptography, PKI, SSL/TLS experience
- Digital Rights Management
- DVB SimulCrypt
What You’ll Do:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design and develop software for managing premium video content in various environments.
- Work closely with your own and other engineering development teams to ensure seamless software and process integration.
- Be an active part of discussions about architecture, specifications, requirements, testing and design reviews.
- Bring to life both your own and your teammates’ creative and innovative technical designs and ideas.
- Champion quality, security, and best deployment practices
- Help us innovate and build new products while continuing to expand the capabilities of our current successful ones.
- Bring your vision and brainpower into developing new algorithms and software, re-architecting current designs in order to create new capabilities as well as improve performance, efficiency, and sustainability.
- Work across teams without barriers of why things cannot be done and help us constantly move forward.
- Bring your experience and insight to proactively suggest improvements to the products, processes, or internal tools.
Why Work Here:
- We love working with people who care about customers, quality, new technologies and the people they work with!
- Help us navigate through challenging problems, setting new standards of innovative problem solving.
- The technical world moves at an unbelievable pace and we want to move even faster.
- Join our creative, fast-paced, tight-knit group of engineers and become part of the solution.