Software Tester I
San Diego, California
Responsible for identifying software bugs, performing audits and testing software products in accordance with software test plans and procedures. Debugs and characterizes defects, providing detailed configuration and descriptions for passing and failing tests for product evaluation reports. Maintains documentation of test operations and reports results.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes formal and ad-hoc software tests with the goal of identifying software anomalies and bugs.
- Documents all test finding in the software ticketing system.
- Responsible for working collaboratively with other Software Testers and a Test Lead in order to complete all required tests in advance of deadlines and product launches.
- Uses creative and critical thinking skills to determine new ways of identifying software bugs.
- Creates and delivers presentations within the Software Test team regarding techniques for identifying software bugs.
- Collaborates with other members of the Software Test team as well as the Software Engineering team to review and enhance software products.
- May review the work of other Software Testers.
- Confirms completion of required training plan before assuming job responsibilities.
- Ensures compliance with company policies, including Privacy/HIPAA, and other legal and regulatory requirements.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Ability to read and follow procedures and flow diagrams.
- Ability to effectively share information related to work product in verbal and written form.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to work accurately, follow instructions and schedules, and handle multiple priorities.
- Experience with MS Office suite (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Demonstrated ability to think critically and creatively in order to solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as part of a team in order to meet project timelines.
- Minimum certifications/educational level:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and applicable job experience.
- Minimum experience:
- 6 months experience testing software preferred.
- Experience editing and soliciting feedback to improve test protocol preferred.
- Experience in proof reading, following detailed work instructions and projects requiring critical thinking skills.
- Acquires job skills and learns company policies and procedures to complete tasks.
- Works on assignments that are routine in nature, requiring limited judgment.
- Normally receives detailed instructions and works under close supervision.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, see, talk or hear in a standard office environment. In a lab setting, occasionally use hands to finger, handle objects, tools, or controls. Employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.