SOX Managing Director – Lead an advisory practice!
Los Angeles, California
Are you a Big 4 assurance/advisory Senior Manager or Director ready for a change of environment but don't want to leave client services all together? Due to firm growth and internal promotions, this specialized technical advisory firm is looking for a Managing Director over their SOX advisory group! Serving a range of emerging growth start-ups to multi-national Fortune 1000 companies, this firm sets itself apart with their deep-rooted client relationships, focus on work-life balance, and a culture that has led them to be recognized by Great Place to Work® and "Best Places to Work" in Los Angeles for 3 consecutive years.
*Currently remote but returning to a hybrid remote/onsite split working environment. Any onsite clients will be local to Los Angeles, no out-of-area travel necessary!*
What you’ll do:
- Oversee all LA SOX compliance projects, first year SOX compliance, entity level controls, risk assessment preparation, fraud assessments, planning scope evaluation, process testing, aggregation and assessment of operating and design deficiencies and documentation of process
- Lead your teams in a way that ensures that all members experience the firm's exceptional culture and are provided opportunities for growth through mentorship, development, and training
- Recommend internal control solutions that balance client resource constraints with the need to mitigate risk
- Rather than hitting forced business development metrics, lean on your local network to begin participating in client development activities that are more natural, consultative, and relationship based
- Oversee successful project completion by prioritizing director, manager and senior tasks
- Maintain strong relationships with existing clients while as taking responsibilities for activities like negotiating the scope of the work, bill rates and budgets for recurring projects
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting, Economics, Business Management, Finance or related
- CPA required, CIA certification preferred
- 12+ years in Big 4/Top 10 public accounting/advisory firm with emphasis on risk and SOX compliance
- Proven track record managing people, projects, and clients with a strong focus on leading with empathy, transparency, and humility
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and an adaptive approach to handling different personalities and scenarios
- Patience and ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- Strong analytical skills for interpreting and finding solutions to complex subject matter issues
- Able to delegate responsibility, manage changes in timelines, and resolve conflicts as they arise, ideally turning them into learning opportunities
Why work here?
- The people: Honesty, sincerity, and open communication are the priorities of everyone here. Feel welcome and encouraged to use your voice and make a positive impact on the overall firm and culture!
- Work/life balance: Be surrounded by highly intelligent individuals that still recognize the importance of life outside of your career. Finally draw boundaries that will be respected!
- Leadership opportunity: Join a leadership team who genuinely wants to see you succeed and add value to the firm's development. Be rewarded on a more regular basis through frequent performance reviews, perks and benefits, bonuses, and the satisfaction of loving who you work with!
Please send your resume to Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in discussing more!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!