Sr. Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller
San Diego, CA
Sr. Accounting Manager/Assistant Controller – Growing Biotech – Exposure to IPOs – Wear Many Hats
Are you a team player with a genuine enthusiasm for your work? We’re looking for a skilled operational and technical accounting professional with 5-8+ years of experience to complement this company’s well-established team of Accounting leaders. You’ll be working closely with the VP of Finance to ensure all corporate accounting is done efficiently and up to code. Apply Today!
Who You Are:
- Bachelor's degree within Accounting, Finance or related degree. CPA preferred.
- 5-8+ years of accounting experience with at least 3+ years of Big 4/top tier public accounting. experience. Biotech/pharmaceutical experience is highly preferred.
- Experience with full cycle accounting that includes preparation of financial statements.
- Strong technical accounting skills including revenue recognition guidance.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment and work well in small teams and independently.
What You Will Do:
- Oversee all operational accounting functions for various entities.
- Coordinate, and execute monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting.
- Collaborate with leaders on relevant technical accounting guidance and procedures.
- Manage and mentor a small team while working closely with operation leaders.
- Conduct and oversee audits to ensure control and compliance.
Why work here?
- Impact: Have a positive influence both as part of a lean team where your voice can be heard, as well as on the company as a whole.
- Small team environment encourages interdivisional collaboration. You’ll always have your voice heard and will have the opportunity to wear many hats!
- Top-rated benefits package: includes full dental, vision and 401k matching.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org if you believe this opportunity is worth exploring and you would like to learn more.
Note: We support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!