Sr. DevOps Engineer
San Diego, California
- Provide technical leadership and drives best practices for the implementation and maintenance of reliable, scalable and secure DevOps practices.
- Leads and participates as a senior technology enablement resource, collaborating and coordinating with scrum team(s) to provide leadership, industry best practices and conformance to guidelines, standards and best practices related to DevSecOps best practices.
- Respond to issues in production environments, remediate immediate issues and develop strategies to ensure ongoing improvement to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Partners with the Product, Engineering and Cloud Operations organizations to understand platform requirements in order to define DevOps practices and select technologies and approaches that enable the product and engineering vision.
- Management of development and automation tooling to support ongoing delivery requirements of the engineering teams. This role participates as part of a shared responsibility model between development and operations to deliver a complete solution.
- Partners with quality engineering to integrate automated testing requirements into continuous delivery processes to ensure consistent quality and visibility.
- Develop and continually improve processes, tools, automation, deployment and operational tasks to reduce requirements for manual intervention and improve the rate of deployment for new features and functionality.
- Deployment of new releases to production environments.
- Help resolve production and customers issues and engineer long-term solutions through triage, root cause analysis and data analytics.
- Encourage and facilitate technical discussions, ensure deadlines are met and drive our product forward.
- Help mentor new and existing engineers.
- Other duties and projects as assigned.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Abstract and critical thinker and problem solver able to get to the root of difficult challenges.
- Able to think and communicate at a very technical detailed level but also at a higher level for broader non-technical audiences.
- Takes a tactical approach to how the team executes.
- Takes a strategic approach to how we organize and plan.
- Responsible for configuration / environment quality and best practices.
- Influences design decisions based on reusability, readability, performance, scalability, supportability and testability factors.
- Holistic and cross functional awareness, ability to engage outside of team in a constructive way.
- Communicates regularly and clearly.
- Able to write high quality code.
- Understand modern DevOps patterns and practices.
- Bring a positive attitude to the team and presents a professional and optimistic outlook.
- BS, BA or MS in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years experience as a DevOps engineer
- 3+ years hands-on experience leveraging Amazon Web Services (AWS) in a production SaaS environment utilizing capabilities including EC2, VPC, IAM, S3, Aurora, DynamoDB, Route53, ElasticIP, Lambda etc.
- Experience in both Windows and Linux environments.
- Expertise designing and implementing continuous build and release solutions leveraging a range of AWS tools and technologies
- Experience with configuration and secrets management approaches within CI/CD processes.
- Experience building and deploying production SaaS systems that leverage serverless design patterns on AWS (Lambda, Fargate, DynamoDB etc.)
- Knowledge of scripting languages such as Bash, Python, PowerShell etc.
- Experience working in an agile environment utilizing the Scrum framework.
- Knowledge of containers and supporting technologies for the deployment and management of production systems (e.g. Docker, Amazon ECS, etc.)
- Strong skills in interpersonal relationships and team building.
- Excellent English communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve production issues.
- High level of accountability when working within a team, responding quickly to development obstacles.
This position is a remote position and requires the individual to work from their home.
- Talking/Hearing Over Phone & In Person 50%
- Sitting 90%
- Frequent Alpha/Numeric Keyboarding 90%
- Ability to View Computer Monitor 90%
- Take Notes in Written Form 10%
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work:
This is a full-time position. Days of work are Monday through Friday. Our teams core hours are 10am to 3pm PST. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand.
This position requires no regular travel. Travel will be on an on-demand basis as may be needed for training purposes.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications:
Must submit to a background check as a contingency for the position.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance (if applicable):
Must be authorized to work in the United States. Each candidate is required to comply with federal and local laws and authorization will be checked through E-verify.