Sr Field Service Technician
San Francisco, California
Maintenance and management of highly technical communications systems. Focus on maintaining optimal performance levels across an integrated system while taking a pro-active approach to address and mitigate system level alarms and malfunctions. Manages system availability through routine system maintenance, performance monitoring and System wide Preventative Maintenance. Candidates must be familiar with the latest technologies and troubleshooting techniques for current model digital and analog communications equipment and system architectures.
- Experience as a Communications System Technician
- Experience with P25 Systems, LMR RF systems, wired/wireless communication systems, networking equipment, IT networks and subscriber equipment.
- Must be able to successfully pass and maintain the ability to pass background checks and obtain security clearances as well as possess and maintain a clean driving record.
- Ability to be on-call
- Must have very strong knowledge of wired/wireless communications systems, such as local area networks (LAN) and wide area networks (WAN)
- Must have knowledge in standard telephony and dedicated data circuits, as well as knowledge of packet switching techniques
- Must be highly computer literate with proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Access
- Must have strong self-management skills and "people" skills to work closely with customers and subcontractor partner community, as well as Sales, Engineering, Project Management, and customer service teams.
- Must be self-motivated and self-managed to perform the required duties at a distance from direct supervision.
- Must be able to solve customer problems quickly during stressful situations
- Knowledge of configuration and testing of channel banks, routers, hubs, and switches
- Ability to develop and present technical training.
- Provides guidance in integrating new tools solutions into the operations of the team.
- Proven experience with the use of equipment commonly used in the optimization and testing of communications systems (Communications Systems Analyzers, Power Sensors and Watt Meters, TIMS sets, CPS, RSS, Antenna Systems Analyzers (FDRs), T1 test sets, etc.)
- Experience in the configuration and testing of two way radio and subscriber products.
- FCC license and industry certifications such as ETA are a plus.
- Land Mobile Radio, P25 or Radio experience.