Sr. Financial Analyst- Global Investment Management Firm
Los Angeles, California
Senior Analyst, Financial Planning & Analysis- Global Investment Management Firm
Our client, a prestigious Global Investment Management firm located in Los Angeles, is looking to add a Sr. FP&A Analyst to their team. Manager to their progressive department. This is a great opportunity to learn from industry leaders while contributing to the company’s ongoing success. In this role you will be responsible for preparing quantitative and qualitative analysis to support the strategic objective of operating funds and management companies while providing actionable recommendations to relevant stakeholders.
What You'll Do:
• Create and maintain models that serve as the primary source of investment, property, and fund level financial projections. Ensure that models are built with consistent integrity across similar asset and/or investment strategies and are efficiently integrated with other data sources and reporting tools
• Cross functionally work with other departments such as Investments, Accounting, and Information Technology to align with business objectives
• Drive process improvement and standardization of budgets along with long term projections
• Participate in the budgeting and forecasting process by assisting with the formulation and collection of key assumptions, preparing property level budgets, and analyzing results.
• Validate the completeness and integrity of data analyzed, and effectively communicate the results
• Ensure management fee and distribution allocations are calculated and incorporated into projections and performance metrics accurately using fund agreements, co-investments, joint ventures and fund/property level-debt.
• Compile key operating metrics on a historical and projected basis using real estate operating metrics from multiple property types
• Ensure fund level financial performance metrics are prepared on a historical and projected basis using GIPS, REIS and US GAAP
• Analyze, organize and improve data flowing through financial models, reports and systems using logical database modeling concepts and relational database management
• Analyze and explain variances between actual results and budget/underwriting. Identify and explain differences between various reporting basis, such as cash, accrual, historical cost, tax, and fair value, and make adjustments to model outputs, presentation materials or investor requests as needed.
Who You Are:
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Econ, Business, or other Finance related field
• 3-5+ years previous financial analysis experience
• private equity/Investment Management/REIT/ or IBanking experience desirable but not mandatory
• Big 4 or management consulting experience desirable
• CPA, CFA, or MBA preferred but not mandatory
• Knowledge of GIPS, REIS and US GAAP
• Proficient with Microsoft Office: Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint; Experience with ARGUS preferred
• Knowledge of US GAAP Accounting and logical data modeling concepts
Why Work Here:
• Entrepreneurial environment with a focus on collaboration and growth
• 401K matching; competitive medical, dental and vision plans
• Leadership development programs to help you achieve further professional development
• Great location and environment
• Subsidized lunches and gym onsite
Please send your resume to email@example.com for confidential consideration.