Sr. Manager/Manager of Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting
los angeles, California
Manager/Sr. Manager SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting – Los Angeles, CA
A publicly traded technology firm is looking to hire a Manager or Sr. Manager of SEC Reporting & Technical Accounting that will join their growing accounting department. This role is well-suited for someone accustomed to a fast-paced environment, with prior experience in SEC Reporting and Technical Accounting to hit the ground running. If you’re looking for a passionate and innovative work environment, along with a great team, look no further!
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA and Big 4 experience preferred.
- A strong understanding of US GAAP
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP, including ASC 606 and ASC 842 reporting requirements
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including experience managing financial reporting at a public company and or a Big 4 public accounting experience
- Previous public accounting and public company reporting exposure is highly preferred
- Experience working in a fast growing, ever-changing global organization
- Strong business acumen with problem-solving creativity and commercial judgment
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and establish best practices
What You’ll Do:
- You will be responsible of their US GAAP accounting policies, and building the foundations for scalable and GAAP-compliant processes.
- Oversee the Company’s financial reporting process, including SEC reporting (Forms 10-Q and 10-K) in accordance with US GAAP, and other financial and government statutory reporting as required
- Participate with the Company’s management and committees and when appropriate on audit, controls, and risk management items
- Help Prepare monthly/quarterly stock-based compensation expense entries and other technical accounting related journal entries
- Prepare quarterly earnings per share calculation and cash flow and equity statements
- Assist with technical accounting of ASC 606 Revenue Recognition and ASC 842 Lease Accounting process, and work closely with Accounting Manager and cross-functional team on new product introduction and revenue recognition considerations
- Support with ad hoc projects and month-end close activities
- Review the monthly and quarterly financial reporting package as provided by the accounting team, including income statement and balance sheet analysis, and various management reports.
Why Work Here:
- Surround yourself with industry leaders who have a passion for innovation, are driven, and have self-motivation.
- Be at a place where you can grow internally and as a person – say goodbye to stagnation!
- You will have 100% of your medical insurance covered on top of benefits like a 401k match and PTO.
Did I spark your interest and you think that you might be a good fit? Then please send me your resume to Phooshim@provenrecruiting.com for confidential consideration. We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!