Sr. Manager of Software Engineering
San Diego, California
- Establish strategic direction for the initiation and implementation of new technical programs consistent with overall product roadmap.
- Providing strategic and technical planning to successfully direct product SW development consistent with the company’s product development strategy; assure timely delivery, and provide reporting.
- Responsible for the full product and process software life-cycle management from design, development, testing, product release and maintenance including documentation requirements and validation test activities consistent with all regulatory and compliance standards.
- Participate as a key member of the R&D Leadership Team in the business planning and strategy processes (Policy Deployment). Provide expert guidance with development of yearly strategic objectives consistent with the goals and objectives of the business.
- Participate in defining the overall product development strategy within both the company’s and the company’s global R&D organizations including development of applicable business cases in support of product strategy.
- Establish departmental priorities, project priorities and resulting project timelines consistent with the company’s business strategy.
- Manage the allocation, prioritization and utilization of resources (personnel, equipment, and finances.) with assigned product development programs.
- Utilize both technical and commercial knowledge in the definition of product development priorities and strategies.
- Responsible for the definition and development of product and process software specifications.
- Lead software development teams in the development of software applications based on developed and documented software requirements and product specifications.
- Lead functional and cross-functional teams on defined product development programs.
- Be a recognized technical expert for the company’s product portfolio, interface with Radiometer Senior Leaders and Sales Subsidiaries and Distributors of the company’s products in support of product performance, quality, troubleshooting and strategic direction of future products (VOC).
- Responsible for recruiting, retaining, developing, coaching and mentoring results driven R&D staff – top grade as necessary
- Collaborate with Operations and RA/QA staff in the development of processes to support product quality, delivery, cost and safety.
- Support all aspects of regulatory compliance within the organization, adhering to applicable rules and regulations and supporting on-site regulatory audits.
- Be a proactive leader in DBS tool and process implementation and DBS culture within the organization.
- Minimum 7 years managing software development, technical or engineering teams or equivalent program management experience.
- Must have strong project management skills, effective problem solving skills, possess excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner.
- Experience in managing software teams developing in C#/.NET and WinForms desktop applications.
- Must have experience with OOP, TCP/IP, networking and experience with Windows Forms using C# and Visual Studio .NET.
- Proficient in lean software development processes such as SCRUM or Agile development methodologies
- BS Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, Mathematics, or equivalent.