Sr Research Assistant – Phenotyping
San DIego, CA
Sr Research Assistant – San Diego, CA (Phenotyping and Animal Behavior)
Phenotyping and Animal Behavior Lab Technician looking for the next step in your career? Here’s your chance to make a real impact in the industry alongside a fantastic team of motivated employees. If culture and teamwork are your priorities, you’ll want to keep reading.
What you’ll do:
- Conduct behavior testing to evaluate animal learning and memory such as sensorimotor function, anxiety, nociception, sensory gaiting, and place / fear conditioning and maze tests.
- Conduct metabolic testing to evaluate animal metabolism such as activity levels, drinking, and feeding using comprehensive test equipment.
- Perform imaging and other phenotyping tests such as in-vivo fluorescence and trans-illumination, bone density tests, x-ray, ultrasonography, and video tracking of animals.
- Advise investigators to plan and conduct phenotyping experiments.
- Prepare research plans and analyze data.
Who you are:
- BS Degree in Animal Science, Neuroscience, Behavioral Sciences, Biology or related field
- Seeking 1-2 years experience with phenotyping and animal learning studies.
- Comfortable with computers such as: Microsoft Excel, Word, ANY-maze, SR-LAB, GEMINI, place preference software, Columbus Instrument Oxymax, CLAX,
Why work here:
- Stable and established work environment: perfect for someone looking to lay down roots with a company. People / Atmosphere: Work with a welcoming and collaborative team with a drive for success.
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $25 to $33 per hour. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!
LinkedIn Twitter Facebook Yelp Google