Sr Research Associate / Associate Scientist
San Diego , CA
Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist
If culture and mentorship are your priorities – you’ve found your match. This pioneer company in Biotech is looking to support and promote a talented Sr. Research Associate/Associate Scientist who will assist in advancing the promise of genomics using optical genome mapping. The ideal professional will have a strong background in Molecular Biology and an eagerness to join and contribute to a tight knit, mutually supportive community of skilled experts.
What you will do:
- Isolate genomic DNA from a variety of human sample types
- Perform DNA labeling of these DNAs for analysis
- Support development of new kits for additional sample types
- Develop and validate reagents and protocols
- Perform data analysis, summarize, and present data
Who you are:
- BS/MS in Biochemistry, Molecular Biology, Bioengineering or a related field
- Experience with DNA isolation from FFPE tissue blocks, Spit/Buccal Cells, MEOH: Acetic fixed cells, tissues and tumors
- Product development experience
- Significant hands-on experience with mammalian cell/tissue culture
- Hands-on experience with DNA isolation and manipulation
Why work here:
- Grow your career: you’ll have the room + support to transition into Sr Research Associate and Associate Scientist as well as gaining valuable and transferable experience with genetics and molecular biology.
- Mentorship culture where you can learn new skills, maximize your growth and leverage the knowledge of superiors.
- Small team environment encourages interdivisional collaboration. You’ll always have your voice heard and can wear many hats!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion, gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle, and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!