Sr. Software Engineer (HPC)
San Diego, California
Sr. Software Engineer High Performance Computing – Remote
We are working with a Biotech company that is looking for a Sr. Software Engineer who has an expertise in high performance computing! Does joining an organization that is studying and unlocking the human genome to assess various rare diseases excite you? Do you feel passionate about impacting and helping people with rare disease and cancer? If so, take the opportunity to apply and contribute to improving the technologies and diagnostic tools used to shape a growing Biotech companies future and help save people being affected by these rare diseases. You’ll have the opportunity to make a substantial impact on the software engineering team to drive the development and maintenance of bioinformatics algorithms.
Who You Are:
- 4+ years of experience developing with Human Performance Computing
- B.S., MS. Or PHD in Computer Science, Statistics, or Bioinformatics
- Experience with Linux, Bash scripting, and Python
- Have experience managing and creating containers that their pipeline is running on using Docker, Singularity, and Kanda
- Professional experience with development, source code management, and automated testing
What You’ll Do:
- Join a team that is responsible for transitioning to a new cloud deployment
- Developing new bioinformatics algorithms for clustering, breakpoint detection, and sequence alignment
- Experience with HPC system software and cluster management tools including SGE, Slurm, and Ansible
- Prior experience working in a Linux environment and experience with Shell scripting or Python
Why work here:
- Contribute to a company working to make a real impact on improving quality of life for all
- Opportunity to join a diverse and collaborative team
- Your contributions will be used at top cancer centers and clinical testing labs that are seeking treatments for disease
- Competitive compensation
If you're ready to make a difference while advancing your career, please email your resume to email@example.com today!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply today!