Technical Accounting Advisory – Associate Director
Orange County, California
Are you a Big 4 or Top 10 assurance/advisory Senior Manager ready for a change of environment (and less hours) but don't want to leave client services all together? This specialized technical advisory firm is looking for an Associate Director in their technical accounting advisory group! Serving a range of emerging growth start-ups to multi-national Fortune 500 companies, this firm sets itself apart with their deep-rooted client relationships, focus on work-life balance, and a culture that has led them to be recognized by Great Place to Work® and "Best Places to Work" in Los Angeles for 3 consecutive years.
*Currently remote but returning to a hybrid remote/onsite split working environment. Any onsite clients will be local to Orange County, no out-of-area travel necessary!*
What you’ll do:
- Serve a diverse range of clients from start-ups to Fortune 500 across industries, leading your teams through technical accounting advisory engagements.
- Advise clients on complex technical accounting issues such as revenue recognition, lease accounting, impact analysis and implementation of new accounting pronouncements, debt/equity transactions, share based compensation, purchase accounting, IPO process, consolidation and much more.
- Conduct research in order to be able to solve client accounting issues balancing client while staying within US GAAP structure.
- Actively improve your people and project management skills, and always serve as an example of a solid Subject Matter Expert for clients and selfless leader for other associates.
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business, or related field
- 7+ years of experience that includes technical accounting advisory from a Big 4/Top 10 firm or a combination of public accounting experience and reputable in-house corporate experience
- Clear and concise written and verbal communication; ability to translate complex issues into simple and easy to understand terms
- High EQ and soft skills to navigate client issues and managing a team
- Strong analytical skills to interpret complex subject matter, generate insights, and create practical solutions
- Ability to operate under deadlines and adapt to unexpected changes in timelines or scope of work
Why work here?
- The people: Honesty, sincerity, and open communication are the priorities of everyone here. Feel welcome and encouraged to use your voice and make a positive impact on the overall firm and culture!
- Work/life balance: Be surrounded by highly intelligent individuals that still recognize the importance of life outside of your career. Finally draw boundaries that will be respected!
- Leadership opportunity: Join a leadership team who genuinely wants to see you succeed and add value to the firm's development. Be rewarded on a more regular basis through frequent performance reviews, perks and benefits, bonuses, and the satisfaction of loving who you work with!
Please send your resume to Marissa at firstname.lastname@example.org if you're interested in discussing more!
Note: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!