Technical Accounting Manager
Los Angeles,, California
Manager, Technical Accounting
Our client, a global technology & media company is looking for their next Senior Manager of Technical Accounting. Despite the current economic climate this company has exhibited extremely impressive growth over the course of the past several years! Your extensive GAAP knowledge, technical accounting experience, and leadership capabilities will allow you to thrive in this fast-paced role.
What you’ll do:
- Keep up to date & research detailed technical accounting issues (examples new GAAP pronouncements, business combo’s, VIE assessments, new transactions)
- Be a subject matter on technical accounting issues to ensure proper identification and accounting in accordance with GAAP
- Perform month-end close/journal entries and reconciliations. Work with different business areas to make sure that all transactions are accounted for
- Review information for internal & external reporting on monthly / quarterly basis. This includes cash flow statements, stock-based compensation disclosures, and stockholders equity
- Analyze flux and variance explanations in accordance with month end close process
- Work to put controls in place and identify risks. Keep all process documentation in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley
- Support yearly financial statement audit and improve processes for various assigned areas
Who you are:
- 5+ years of experience (Big 4/Top 10 or Fortune 500 company)
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting, Finance or related field
- CPA highly preferred.
- Strong knowledge of and experience with technical/general accounting, SEC reporting, and Sarbanes-Oxley
- Outstanding technology skills
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills
- Proactive approach with ability to self motivate
- Ability to work both collaboratively as part of a team but also independently
Why work here?
- Mover & shaker in the technology & digital media space with global presence
- Located in West LA within close proximity to public transportation…Good parking situation
- Superb opportunity to work and interact on a daily basis with top finance & technology professionals
Please email resume to Josh Losner at email@example.com to be considered for this position.
NOTE: We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community.