Technical Accounting Manager
SEC Reporting Manager / Technical Accounting Manager:
Want to have your voice heard and be the foundation to a newly created division? We’re partnering with a leading oil and gas company to help grow their SEC Reporting department. Independent self-starters will have the resources and support to quickly innovate, develop new solutions, and challenge the status quo. Your extensive SEC experience will allow you to thrive in this fast-paced role. If you’re a seasoned professional looking to take the next step in your career and help build processes and procedures, apply now.
What you’ll do:
- Manages the preparation of periodic filing for quarterly and annual SEC requirements, registration statements, and financial statements
- Manages the preparation of the consolidated financial statement process
- Prepares technical accounting memos related to business acquisitions, control assessments, fair value measurements, impairment testing, etc.
- Works with the external public accountants in planning and executing audits and reviews
- Leads the implementation of new accounting pronouncements and policies while ensuring requisite system changes are completed timely to support future requirements
- Researches and resolves day-to-day financial reporting issues and assists with the resolution of significant, complex, and/or unusual transactions to ensure proper application of GAAP reporting requirements
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance required
- CPA preferred but not required
- 5+ years progressive accounting experience including public accounting
- Strong technical accounting skills in GAAP and public company reporting requirements
- Adapts and thrives in a demanding, start-up, fast-paced environment
- Possesses a high level of critical thinking
Why work here?
- Excellent benefits package – company pays 100% for employee and child medical, dental and vision premiums' spouse premiums are paid at 75%
- 401k match
- Long-term hybrid working environment
- Casual dress code: This company cares more about how you perform than what you wear
- Free onsite gym
- High-growth environment: this company is rapidly expanding and is looking for people who can grow with them.
What to do now:
Please send your resume to Megan Walker at firstname.lastname@example.org – we'd love to hear from you!
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, majority women, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Do not hesitate to apply now!