VP, Internal Audit Senior Manager
Los Angeles, CA
Our client is looking for a strong Vice President on their internal audit team who will lead audits related to operational, financial, and compliance risk areas. You will report directly to the Chief Internal Auditor and play a key part in decision-making for audit planning, staff development, and more.
*Flexible hybrid policy – must reside in Southern California*
Who you are:
- Bachelors degree in accounting, business, finance, or related field preferred.
- At least 8-10 years internal audit experience in financial services industry
- Prior public accounting experience is a plus but not required
- Compliance/risk management experience highly desired
- Strong understanding of compliance, internal control theory and audit techniques.
- Effective project management skills. Strong analytical skills and a good understanding of computer-assisted audit techniques. Must be a team player.
What you’ll do:
- Lead financial, operational, and compliance audits from planning through execution.
- Guide and direct the audit staff in all audit phases to facilitate the identification and reporting of critical business risks.
- Conduct continuous monitoring of business initiatives/ processes to identify emerging risks; escalate risk issues as appropriate, follow-up on solutions and propose solutions.
- Present concise and articulate observations in a timely and professional manner to management.
- Collaborate with business partners to identify constructive, practical, innovative, and value-added solutions to issues identified.
- Responsible for developing staff through providing feedback on work papers, conducting performance evaluations, and continuous training.
Why work here:
- Open door policy: Transparency and communication are key to the team's success working together.
- Growth opportunity: The firm and this department specifically are growing and looking for people to grow with them.
- Competitive salary and great work/life balance
What does this position pay?
Compensation is determined by several factors which may include skillset, experience level, and geographic location.
The expected range for this role is $150,000 to $170,000 per year. Please note this range is an estimate and actual pay may vary based on qualifications and experience.
Please send your resume to Marissa at email@example.com if you have the requisite qualifications and are interested in the opportunity.
We actively support and promote people of various backgrounds, from race, religion and gender to geographical area, university, lifestyle and personality type. Proven Recruiting is minority-owned, and is a strong advocate for diversity and inclusion in the broader community. Apply now!